CALL FOR PAPERS
We invite high-quality professional presentations for the 2019 Insensitive Munitions & Energetic Materials Technology Symposium to be held on 21-24 October 2019 at the Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel in Seville, Spain - Deadline to submit abstracts is 22nd March 2019.
Submit your abstract at http://application.ndia.org/abstracts/0550
Innovative IM&EM Solutions for Safer Operations in More Demanding Environments
The Insensitive Munitions European Manufacturers Group (IMEMG), the US National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) and the NATO Munitions Safety Information and Analysis Center (MSIAC), sponsor this joint industry/government symposium on Insensitive Munitions (IM) and Energetic Materials (EM).
New IM and EM technologies are finding increasing application to meet operational requirements in a variety of challenging in-service environments. This Symposium will address innovative IM and EM solutions being developed for deployment through all stages of the life-cycle. The 2019 IM & EM Technology Symposium is a major international forum for exchange and dissemination of information on the latest IM and EM advancements. This is the fifth time the Symposium has come to Europe and the first time it is to be held in Spain. The European location reflects the greater international co-operation and collaboration which is taking place within the global defence community.
Abstracts, papers and presentations for this Symposium must be UNCLASSIFIED and CLEARED FOR PUBLIC RELEASE.
This Symposium will feature technical paper presentations that provide technology advances from national government services and agencies, international government organisations, private industry and academia. We welcome papers related to technologies and approaches for development, implementation and fielding IM and EM solutions. Acceptable papers will include aspects of technology related to explosives, gun or rocket propellants and their application to weapon systems.
Submit a concise abstract of no more than 5,000 characters no later than Friday 22nd March 2019.
Authors whose papers are accepted will be notified the week of 13th May 2019.
Upload your abstract at http://application.ndia.org/abstracts/0550 and complete all required information.
Presentations should be in MS PowerPoint (preferably 16x9 format). Oral presentations will be limited to 15 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions.
SUGGESTED PAPER TOPICS
- National and international experience with fielded IM technologies
- Performance advances with IM and EM technologies
- Demonstrated examples and benefits of IM to our armed forces
- New and improved insensitive energetic compounds and formulations
- IM and performance modelling, verification and validation
- Advances in initiation systems for IM
- IM testing and threat analysis methodologies with lessons learnt
- Life-cycle assessment and ageing characteristics of energetic materials and IM-certified weapons
- Novel advances in energetic materials including nano materials, reactive materials, enhanced blast explosives, oxidisers and high-density ingredients
- National policies, strategies, and standardisation for IM and EM
- International collaboration on IM and EM technology implementation
- Novel IM and EM processing techniques
- Manufacturing challenges within the industrial base
- Advances in affordable, robust manufacturing technologies for IM and EM
Please contact Gareth Thomas Flegg, IMEMG VP for UK, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 118 98 26433 (UK time) for more information about becoming a sponsor for this event.
- Call for Papers Release Thursday 31st January, 2019
- Deadline for Abstracts Friday 22nd March, 2019
- Authors Notified Monday 13th - Friday 17th May, 2019
- Programme / Agenda Release Tuesday 16th July, 2019
- Final Presentations due to IMEMG Wednesday 2nd October, 2019
Call for Papers PDF Version available here