Plaza de España: This colossal monument was built for the Ibero-American Exposition in 1929 and stands within the Maria Luisa Park. It’s a semi-circular plaza edged by a canal and overlooked by a large, curved palace.
Maria Luisa Park: The largest green space in central Seville originally belonged to the nearby San Telmo Palace, dating to the 1500s. In the late-19th century the grounds were donated to the city by Infanta Luisa Fernanda and took their present shape after a remodel in 1911. Maria Luisa is one of those parks with a pleasant surprise down every path, whether it’s an ornamental pond, pavilion, sculpture or tiled fountain.